Depression and pregnancy
Reiki mediation and daily self healing does really help to come out of depression. Reiki
meditation increases energy, balances depressive moods, helps in menstrual cycle changes, pregnancy,
miscarriage, postpartum period, pre-menopause and menopause.
Reiki breathing exercise helps in balancing the chakras thus reducing considerably chronic pain,
persistent headache, loss of interest in sex, and difficulty in getting pregnant.
Most of the time a person will feel relaxed and uplifted by a Reiki treatment. However,
sometimes a person will have what is called a healing crisis. As a person’s vibration goes up, toxins that
have been stored in the body will be released into the blood stream to be filtered by the liver and kidneys
and removed from the system. When this happens, sometimes a person can get a headache or stomach ache or feel
weak. If this happens, it is a good idea to drink lot of water, eat lighter meals and get more rest. The body
is cleansing as part of the healing process so this is a good sign.
- Persistent sadness, anxious, or "empty" mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
- Decreased energy, fatigue, being "slowed down"
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive
disorders, and chronic pain
CAUSES OF DEPRESSION
Very often, a combination of genetic, psychological, and environmental factors is involved in
the onset of depression.
- Environmental e.g. possibly stresses at home, work, or school
- Drug use and abuse
- Poor nutrition
- Psychological predisposition associated with one or more of the above combinations.
DEPRESSION IN WOMEN
- Women experience depression about twice as often as men.
- Many hormonal factors may contribute to the increased rate of depression in women,
particularly such factors as menstrual cycle changes, pregnancy, miscarriage, postpartum period,
pre-menopause and menopause.
- Many women also face additional stresses such as responsibilities both at work and home,
single parenthood and caring for children and for aging parents.
DEPRESSION IN MEN
- Men are less likely to suffer from depression than women.
- 3 to 4 million men in the United States are affected by the illness.
- Men are less likely to admit to depression, and doctors are less likely to suspect it.
- The rate of suicide in men is four times that of women, though more women attempt it. In
fact, after age 70, the rate of men's suicide rises, reaching a peak after age 85.
- Depression can also affect the physical health in men differently from women.
- Although depression is associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease in both
men and women, only men suffer a high death rate.
- Men's depression is often masked by alcohol or drugs, or by the socially acceptable habit of
working excessively long hours.
- Depression typically shows up in men not as feeling hopeless and helpless, but as being
irritable, angry, and discouraged; hence, depression may be difficult to recognize as such in men.
- Even if a man realizes that he is depressed, he may be less willing than a woman to seek
DEPRESSION IN THE ELDERLY
- Some people have the misconception that it is normal for the elderly to feel depressed. On
the contrary, older people feel satisfied with their lives.
- Sometimes, though, when depression develops, it may be dismissed as a normal part of aging.
- Depression in the elderly, undiagnosed and untreated causes needless suffering for the
family and for the individual who could otherwise live a fruitful life.
- Loss of interest in normally pleasurable activities, or extremely prolonged grief after a
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a natural healing method that heals at all levels: physical, emotional, mental, and
spiritual. The word Reiki is a combination of two Japanese words: Rei and Ki. Rei means spiritual intelligence or supernatural force; Ki means life energy. In the Western world Reiki is mostly described as
Universal life force energy. Reiki is practiced by people from all over the world and is being incorporated
in hospitals, as well as in scientific research.
Since Reiki is guided by the Higher Power, the Reiki energy will know the condition of the
client or student and adjust appropriately. Reiki can only do well. Many pregnant women have received
treatments with great benefit to them and their unborn child. It has also been used during child birth.
Pregnant women have also taken the Reiki training and received the Reiki attunement with
beneficial results. Many of my reiki students have come for attunement before delivery and were happy for
easy and painless child birth.
Others who had difficulty getting pregnant and were certified by their doctor that they had no
medical problem, joined my reiki classes and I am happy to announce that most of them got pregnant after
being attuned to reiki. In the last ten years I am proud to announce those a dozen reiki children were born
to my reiki students.
CLICK HERE FOR Reiki Master